Thursday 3 September 2015

Only one week to go, not long now.

So now I am counting down to my leaving date in one weeks time.

I now have in my possession my weatherproof jackets and hideous waterproof trousers and I even bought proper walkers gaiters. I am anticipating rain but hoping for lovely clear days so I can see the scenery to take my mind off the mileage.

I am still training a few mornings a week with my friends in Ealing and Buddy the Dog. He really likes to sit on feet when we stop at the end to chat. Its a very strange habit but I always feel a slight privilege when he chooses me. Today he chose my boots so I have attached a picture.



Last week when I was at my Mum's she still has pictures on her wall from our Everest trek Craig and I undertook in 1992.
We walked for 22 days carrying all our own stuff and stayed in lodges along the way.
It was hard work and, at times, very steep terrain but we made it to Base Camp and raised £6500 for Cancer Research in the process. It was something neither of us will ever forget especially having to deal with altitude and the lack of oxygen. Banging head aches and all our effort to put one foot in front of the other when we were at 5300m altitude.
I am hoping this C2C will be as successful, even though I am 23 years older now but no altitude and thin air to deal with this time.
It has made me realise that the challenge is not just a physical one but very much a mental attitude of "I can do this and I will, just try stopping me".


This was me at Everest Base Camp 1992 wearing my Cancer Research sweatshirt






This was Craig and I in all our kit on the trail, looking professional but probably smelling really bad as we didn't wash for 10 days, it was so cold.



COME ON BOOTS time to brush up and look smart. No slacking now please and lets see if you can get me to where I need to go without too much pain.

Keep on walking.

Loz xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment